The Tragic Death of Victoria Rovelt

[!] A letter without a title was posted on the Lunburg board hung by a shadowy bat in the middle of the night.

"Greetings and Farewell as these will be my last words.

I found it would be best to write out my sins to Alder before I lose my mind as an older woman nearing the end of her time.

Firstly, I Victoria Adeline Rovelt confess my wrongdoings of practicing the art of blood magic for the past twenty years.
I've killed many people. The guilty and innocent alike. Including priests, hunters, stragglers, animals, and even other voidal beings.

I have never been affiliated with bone lord nor do I support it but I strayed away from my goals and fell into a dark place.

Allow me to share to you my story:

---

I believe it all started during the Rotten Plague. My husband, Magnus-Andraka Rovelt went missing after fighting an uprising witch. My curiosity and desire to find my husband as a scholar and a 2nd generation doctor is what originally drove me to research voidal magic.

It was all in good faith until the day I met the outcasted Arndil sitting lonesome in the mountainside of Hadriana... I dont wish to recall. Long story short, he taught me what I knew, surpassed him, and I found myself wanting more. For whoever took my research journal would know that I stopped writing in it a long time ago. It wasn't about the research anymore- it was about the thrill of power.

It wasn't until the day I was captured by witch hunters and had no one to save me but myself for 7 weeks nailed to a cross is when I truly realized the monster I had truly become and it was far too late for me to undo it.

As I sit and reflect my past do I regret it?

No.

However I do regret what i've done to put my family in harms way due to my selfish actions.
All I can do is ask for forgiveness for what I've done, and of what I am about to do to our estate and myself, but I refuse to be confined in it any longer or captured by the empire. It is what is best for them to start anew.

To my friends, family, and even foes
I bid you farewell as I entrap myself within the flames of the underground.
Allow the souls of my victims to be freed alongside my death.

- Lady Victoria Rovelt

1708214173894.png

In the dark of night, a Rovelt knight rode on his steed to Maximus and Elrinesh who sat at their camp, the two turned their heads toward the knight as they heard him approaching. He who dismounted his horse and took off his helmet, held a letter in his hand as he looked to the two with deep despair. Maximus stood up slowly as his eyebrows furrowed with concern, he slowly approached the knight before he spoke. "What..? What's wrong?" Maximus asked. The Rovelt knight didn't utter a word as he simply just reached his hand out for Maximus to take the letter as he averted his gaze away from him. Maximus then reached his hand out slowly to grasp the letter still looking at the knight before he peered down to the handwritten letter, his eyes then focused on the letter and quickly flickered across the paper once he realized it was in his mother's writing. Upon reading the letter he reached his free hand up to cover his mouth as he read the letter in dismay. "Mother... no.." He uttered, shaking his head as he gripped the letter tightly. Maximus then turned his panicked gaze to Elrinesh before he moved to sit next to her passing the letter over to her soon after. As she took the letter his head fell into his hands, Maximus silently sat there in shock as his eyes slowly began to gloss over. He inhaled deeply as grief, anger, and shock overwhelmed him as he sat there in silence. Maximus looked toward the woman, frowning faintly as he listened to her although the words seemed to rush into one ear and out the other. He sat there letting the emotions build up before his teary eyed gaze made his way over to his sister. Maximus stayed silent as a singular thought echoed through his head, "How will we remain sane?"

Last edited:
In the dark of night, a Rovelt knight rode on his steed to Maximus and Elrinesh who sat at their camp, the two turned their head toward the knight who dismounted his horse and took off his helmet. In his hand he held a letter as he looked to the two with deep despair. Maximus stood up slowly as his eyebrows furrowed with concern, he slowly approached the knight before he spoke. "What..? What's wrong?" Maximus asked. The Rovelt knight didn't speak a word as he simply just reached his hand out to hand him a letter. Maximus then reached his hand out slowly to grasp the letter, his eyes then quickly flickered across the paper once he realized it was in his mother's writing. Upon reading the note he reached his free hand up to cover his mouth as he read the letter in dismay. "Mother... no.." He uttered, shaking his head. Maximus then turned his gaze to Elrinesh before he moved to sit next to her passing the letter to her. As she took the letter his head fell into his hands, Maximus silently sat there in shock as his eyes slowly began to gloss over.

Sitting down next to the Rovelt, for a moment the tiefling seemed at a loss for words. Turning her gaze towards Maximus, the only translation for her facial expression was one of defeat. Taking the letter, she grazed over the passage, her shoulders drooping and her posture seeming to release as if a rope had untied itself. "Maximus," she uttered towards the boy, shifting her position closer to the stricken man. "She did it for a reason." Looking over towards the fireplace that both Victoria and Elrinesh had started, "You have a bright future; you don’t deserve to dwindle around." Placing her hands in her lap, the Cotton-Candy Lady took in a fresh breath of air from the forest. "Now, it’s up to you to prove your innocence." "She gave you a push," she stated, looking over towards the guard. Signaling the guard to come over, she whispered something rather inaudible to the boy before he walked away. With the parchment still in hand, she shoved the paper into Maximus’s chest. "Protect your sister, find your new home." "You worked hard for this, Herzog."

Last edited:
As the sun began its descent, casting long shadows across the city streets, a young Countess found herself walking through the dimly lit alleyways of Lünburg. The fading light painted the buildings in shades of orange and red, while darkness crept into every corner, lending an air of mystery to the city she thought she knew so well. Anne-Marie's footsteps echoed against the cobblestones as she wandered deeper into the heart of the city. Her mind was occupied with thoughts of the day's events, lost in the cacophony of urban life that surrounded her.

Suddenly, something caught her eye.... a glint of white amidst the darkness. Curiosity piqued, she approached cautiously, her heart pounding in her chest. There, pinned to a weathered bulletin board, was a single letter. In her own hand would be a letter as well, one that would carry the crest of the Rovelt's household. It all seemed to make sense now, the letter that was written to her before.

A mixture of feelings hit her as her eyes stared right at the paper, reading the words that came to a shock to her. Raindrops trickled down like tears, mirroring the sadness that weighed heavy on her heart.
"Oh my dear Maximus...." she whispered, pressing the letter he had wrote to her to her chest to shield it from the rain. She was just about to visit him, and as she watched the rain fall, Anne-Marie's thoughts drifted back to happier times... How their dreams of the future could have intertwined like ivy on a trellis. How could it all unravel so quickly?
"Evened the scores before it all fell apart... And every step forward put a little more sword into your heart" The Countess read the letter over and over again, and despite Victoria's confession she could not help but to feel grief and sorrow. It would take her some time to gather the strength to continue her stroll, though now she changed course.... heading back home.

Veredra yanked the reins of her horse hard as she approached Flussland, only to halt down at the stalls to gather some supplies for her hunt. As she passed by the board, she caught glimpse of the notice signed with Victoria's name, which drew her focus away from the groceries for a moment.

Her eyes danced gently over the words as the woman could not help but smirk. Her head lifted slightly as she raised a hand to softly pet her horse's muzzle. "Another one to cross off ze list. But do nicht fret. After all, we still have ein few more visits to make." She softly spoke to Lec as her smile grew devious. Veredra quickly copied the notice's contents in her own notes and mounted her horse to head home.

From the shadowy refuge of a nearby tree, Ikandrol's eyes scan the notice, a mixture of resignation and sorrow clouding his features. "So she did finally kick the bucket, huh?" he murmurs to himself, his voice tinged with a hint of bitterness. A shaky sigh escapes his lips "I'm running out of-" Ike's words are cut short as a sharp hiss escapes him, a silly reminder of his recent bear encounter. “- options.. With practiced hands, he begins stitching his own wounds.

"I need to find a way out of this mess..." he mutters, the weight of his burdens pressing heavily upon him. With a sense of determination, he folds the notice and tucks it safely into his pocket, showing it to someone once he gets there.

The man brought the notice into his palm, quickly folding it open and glancing a peek. A mutter in response to the one who handed it, "Give it some time, perhaps it'll lay over." He reacted, folding the paper back into his robes. Before patting the figure on the back with a signal, and slinking deep into the shadowed forest.
From the shadowy refuge of a nearby tree, Ikandrol's eyes scan the notice, a mixture of resignation and sorrow clouding his features. "So she did finally kick the bucket, huh?" he murmurs to himself, his voice tinged with a hint of bitterness. A shaky sigh escapes his lips "I'm running out of-" Ike's words are cut short as a sharp hiss escapes him, a silly reminder of his recent bear encounter. “- options.. With practiced hands, he begins stitching his own wounds.

"I need to find a way out of this mess..." he mutters, the weight of his burdens pressing heavily upon him. With a sense of determination, he folds the notice and tucks it safely into his pocket, showing it to someone once he gets there.

The wind of Eden felt fresher than in a veeerrry long time as he encountered it in every corner of the land. And as if carried by it, almost as if his legs couldn't stop moving he was wandering all over Eden. A quick stop here, a quick stop there, a quick stop to read the new letter in the middle of the dark night. Only the sound of his filled bags and belongings followed with him everywhere. "The small is taken care of, the others are fine, the house is burnt and our mother made us cry..." The thought of his dead and burnt mother did not leave the back of his mind for even a second no matter what place of the past he visited.

With every hour and every day he felt more like his younger self, traveling alone over Eden with no reason to stay in one place. He knows the remaining family will be fine, he knows his friends will keep their words and this only gave him more freedom on what to do next. The only thing that confused it him was the smirk he felt almost stuck to his face.
"You should think about what you are doing... all the other innocent people... Good thing I sold my empathy. Which old place should I visit again?"

Despite his discomfort, Elduin made a few rounds within the Flussland for nostalgia's sake, taking each step with great care as he reminisced his days wandering the frigid woods of the human realm. Late at night, he stumbles upon the noticeboard of Lunburg with a curious stare, his eyes slowly lofting as he gradually read through the entire announcement. He was never a fan of Victoria's cruelty, but it didn't stop Elduin from offering a few minutes of silence to mourn the loss. Despite it all, having been married to a man who viewed Victoria as a mother figure, he still considered her family in a loose sense.

"...I should've made one last visit before everything fell apart. You might've not seen me as much of an influence on your life, but I'm grateful for the influence you gave my late husband."
Elduin huffed with bittersweet laughter, his lengthy hair draping over his face unkemptly. "He loved you and Arndil to bits. I'm sorry..."

As the northern winds blew past the high elf, he knew it was time to depart before a witch hunter would accuse him of causing the random natural weather phenomenon. He placed a single dandelion on the floor in memory of Victoria, watching as its seeds dispersed in the breeze and swept off from the earth. Walking away, his mind began to jump to various ideas and concerns. He was not a voidal mage himself by any means, but regardless... why did he feel unsafe?

Iiyama made her way around the Empire for her monthly visit, deciding to venture north in search of something, regardless of what it was she easily got distracted, sending her horse to a halt to scan over the notice "How interesting.. Perhaps this will make the others reconsider their choices." she shifted in her saddle patting the neck of her horse before fixing her armour "Or it will excite them more, they are insane afterall." she shrugged taking out a paper, copying the notice, putting it in her saddle bag and running her finger over the hummingbird stamp in the leather while closing it shaking her head to herself.

As she arrived back in Al-Khadir a few days later she shot a glance to what once was Arndil's home
"The things I have found in your home." she muttered under her breath, letting her horse take a drink from the fountain, simply continuing her way to the military keep, not pondering on her thoughts any longer. After she took care of her horse she moved to Kassim's office, putting the copy on his desk with a note that read "Let us hope the others meet the void soon enough.", the note was signed in Anjyarri script translating to "Your light" in common tongue. She clicked her tongue before walking out starting her walk home.

(Did I spend too much time on just Iiyama to bother doing the characters that actually knew her on a personal level, yes.)

Riding down the path on her black stallion, the armored woman's attention was redirected from the road to the long abandoned board, the appearance of a new parchment peaking her interest. Lifting her visor after jumping off her horse, Ashlyn Moetiour's face struggled to pick an emotion as her eyes descended the familiar handwriting.

"Titans know if she's being serious or is running to save their skins." The woman sighed out, falling silent once again as she let her eyes scan the letter one last time before lowering her visor and mounting her horse. Instead of continuing up the path to go north for only god knows what reason, she pulled her horses reigns and turned around, heading back down the path she came from. Heading back home.

"It seems there was no saving her."

"We lost one."

"Fuck."

Aredhel came off the boat from Adelsburg to Lunburg, holding her daughter close to her "Where is he.." she muttered in search of a specific person she made her way throughout the city, after having lost hope of ever finding whom she was searching for she shot a glance at the notice board squinting her eyes as her ears perked up upon reading the paper "Victoria Rovelt.. I suppose there has always been something off about you." she faintly chuckled before looking to the kid "How about we go see if the tavern has a room free Nyla." she hummed a warm smile forming on her face as she ran her hand through the baby's red hair "Mi dur solis, after that we can find your asshole uncle Fenrir or auntie Ashlyn.." she moved off to the tavern to spend the night before continuing her search

(I recollected the will power to do the character that has known Vic since like day 1 of the server)

In the Schwarze Abtei of Veronia, where the Cult of Mortius reside, Gottfried was carefully gardening in one of the flowerbeds in the monastery garden. The various poppy flowers were already growing and he seemed to enjoy his hobby. The scent of the sea blew alongside the wind, from the same direction as another cult member came. Gottfried heard the skull-masked man approach and paused as he leaned in to whisper to news in Gottfrieds ear. Gottfried would only silently nod until the words were said. In both surprise, and shock, he dropped the gardening tool. His assumptions were right all along. But he still couldn't believe it.
Questions rushed through his mind:
"A vampire family? Ruling one of the provinces? How? Why hasn't it been found out?" He had to admit, 20 years, quite a feat for heretics to acomplish- staying hidden for so long yet even while being in plain sight. It all began to make sense now. The reports, the accusations, the neglect of defense against voidal entities or even failing to report them. To Gottfried, it was all deliberate.

"Danke, Brüder, du may return to your duties." he said in a hush. The Cultist bowed his head, and silently wandered into the temple section of the Monastery. Gottfried was shaking, his blood boiled, anger taking over. He had to take deep breaths to surpress it even slightly. His zealot instincts were taking over but he knew he couldn't act so suddenly. "Mortius give me strength, Mortius guide my hand. From the curse of the mutant, our Sentinel Mortius, deliver us." He said in prayer. Yet, he couldn't help but notice something else on his mind. Almost as if he felt some sort of care for those innocents in Flüssland who served the Rovelts so loyally. "Did they know? Or were they too left in the dark..." Gottfried said to himself out loud. He knew something was going to happen. Oh, how it frustrated him he felt some sort of pity for them. He may not have liked many of the Rovelts, but no one deserved a fate as this...

Zhen shakes his head, looking thoroughly worried. He paces back and forth within his house in Dar-Arach Denur, reading over the letter with a harrowed expression. "Another old friend gets laid to rest by the damned Hadrians. Their single-minded devotion to their little superstitions will be their end. I don't know if there's an afterlife for the voidals, but hopefully she gets to see Arndil again on the other side. I miss him too..." He glances over to his old axe, picking it up and slinging it over his shoulder, heading off into the snow.

Sitting down on the other side of the fire, Rosaline looked at her brother and the others around her, confused at the sudden show of emotions. She’d storm over to Max, snatching the letter shoved into his chest. Skimming it, the only thing she did was huff. She placed a hand on her brother’s shoulder and began to speak, no sign of emotion clouding her voice. “There’s a time to be sad, and a time to do things. Now’s not the time to grieve. Do that when there aren’t things to be done.” Removing her hand, Rosaline bent down to rummage through his bag until her hands landed on an amber-colored bottle. She picked it up, sighing at the contents before handing it to him. “If this will help you get out of your head and get things done, by all means, have at it.” Before he could respond, she would walk, her job done.

Back