The Tragic Death of Victoria Rovelt

[!] A letter without a title was posted on the Lunburg board hung by a shadowy bat in the middle of the night.

"Greetings and Farewell as these will be my last words.

I found it would be best to write out my sins to Alder before I lose my mind as an older woman nearing the end of her time.

Firstly, I Victoria Adeline Rovelt confess my wrongdoings of practicing the art of blood magic for the past twenty years.
I've killed many people. The guilty and innocent alike. Including priests, hunters, stragglers, animals, and even other voidal beings.

I have never been affiliated with bone lord nor do I support it but I strayed away from my goals and fell into a dark place.

Allow me to share to you my story:

---

I believe it all started during the Rotten Plague. My husband, Magnus-Andraka Rovelt went missing after fighting an uprising witch. My curiosity and desire to find my husband as a scholar and a 2nd generation doctor is what originally drove me to research voidal magic.

It was all in good faith until the day I met the outcasted Arndil sitting lonesome in the mountainside of Hadriana... I dont wish to recall. Long story short, he taught me what I knew, surpassed him, and I found myself wanting more. For whoever took my research journal would know that I stopped writing in it a long time ago. It wasn't about the research anymore- it was about the thrill of power.

It wasn't until the day I was captured by witch hunters and had no one to save me but myself for 7 weeks nailed to a cross is when I truly realized the monster I had truly become and it was far too late for me to undo it.

As I sit and reflect my past do I regret it?

No.

However I do regret what i've done to put my family in harms way due to my selfish actions.
All I can do is ask for forgiveness for what I've done, and of what I am about to do to our estate and myself, but I refuse to be confined in it any longer or captured by the empire. It is what is best for them to start anew.

To my friends, family, and even foes
I bid you farewell as I entrap myself within the flames of the underground.
Allow the souls of my victims to be freed alongside my death.

- Lady Victoria Rovelt

1708214173894.png

Back