Nation Announcement To my many beloved friends and enemies...

Kriegsman

Gamemaster Team
[!] Posters would be hung up around the city of Adelsburg, Hadriana, and Prezza La'Quilla. The crest of the royal family would be stamped on the top. [!]

DrykV4KX5NdS8cjoSBc_ANhg5gJ4tLovEr6HaWgef-gof08a-65plpUGwJBM5CHfIKkLUsApoprphUd4kG-0yQqcaWy7qSaYg_3Ac4dB3pG7NHYHRt0_e6fXL8pmXjwr7mpVmP8

To the people of Hadriana, it seems that I, King Roderick Withmond, son of Joseph I, have failed you. I failed you because I am, as people call me, 'incompetent'. I apologize dearly for the lack of work I might have put into this world, in our world. But you also have to look at the past... I admit I am a King with flaws, I am not what my kin wished for, but would you rather have had my father, the usurper who fought for his claim with an iron fist? Would you rather have someone else?

When in need, I was there defending my people at the front. When Hadriana was growing, I was there together with the Tzyrnowski family and the town's farmers, plowing the fields with my people. I gave my people homes, jobs, food in their bellies. When new citizens returned from the plague-destroyed countryside, I was there, giving them homes and building them with the architects. When the Tzyrnowskis and Leuverens lost their homes, I gave them their lands.
I helped build stables for the horses, restarting our long tradition of expert horse breeding. I helped the clergy rebuild the churches, giving them back the power they once held, making them spread the faith of The Maker across the Kingdom, bringing forth our great High-Priestess and her school of Aquamancy. I defended and bled for my nation when we were attacked by Demons when the Church fell on top of us while in battle, and then at the battle of The Cursed Swamps, I risked my life, going face to face with the Demons of Dolus and the Greater Demons. I have shown respect and kindness to all, welcomed everyone with open arms in our lands.

I feel betrayed by my own kin. Even when admitting my faults, none of them came to me to discuss them. None of them came... And here is my reaction.
Today, Marketday, 14 Rainswrath, 1522, I met up with Count Vivan De Augaussi, Count of Revedin. The man, who I gave everything, the man who I believed to be my friend. We had peace talks, with unfortunately no result.
The Augaussi family had died out during the plague and went into exile. I brought them back, helped them rebuild, gave them a hand. I helped them rebuild the Fiefdom of Revedin, rebuilding Cerils' Keep's ruins and entrusting them with ruling the lands. They were even tasked with leading the campaign against the corrupted government of Prezza La'Quilla, which led to great success and reclaiming of lost Hadrian lands.

Their excellent work with rebuilding our 'royal' army was a success. Yet, its soldiers commit high treason and follow him instead of the state, not protecting the citizens but their own skin. Defiling the oath, they have sworn against the King, State, and The Maker, making them Heretics to a degree.
Ciro De Augaussi was tasked with going over the bank, eventually being given the role of Coinmaster. Money, well-earned money from our OWN citizens, went straight into the pockets of the Augaussis. Not the state, not used for the nation; no. Instead, it was used for their own benefit, their own traitorous benefit—money from the citizens, used for war.
The army, seemingly trained by the Count himself, failed in arresting the traitor and declared Heretic, Arndil. On multiple accounts of meeting him, spotting him, even helping him escape and going against orders of the King himself, showing disrespect to the State and spitting indirectly in the face of the citizens they have sworn to protect.
Is this truly what the citizens want? A family that used you for their own benefit, soldiers that show disrespect and instead protect themselves than the people of Hadriana. That does threaten nobility and higher-ups because of 'justice'?
I admit to my flaws and am willing to set them right with the help of you, my people.

------------------

To the traitors of Hadriana and the Attian Crown, I beg of you not to continue on these actions, as it will only drive our nation further apart. To those laying down their weapons, you will be pardoned, given respect and kindness, and received with open arms again.
To those staying deviant and loyal to the Augaussis, all traitors will receive total extermination; no mercy will be shown to traitors and Heretics.
To the Augaussis, who have shown to only show aggression with their hostile attempt at a takeover. You have defiled both the Crown and the Church by breaking laws and oaths of The Maker. You will be pardoned when laying down your arms and bow down to the Attian Crown. Your honor will not be lost.

To the citizens that wish to stay out of the conflict? As of writing this message from my office in Adelsburg, the city will no longer be safe. I advise all those that wish to avoid the civil war, to move back to the old capital of Hadriana, or further north to the Kingdom of Ràdym. Stay out of the conflict, and you will not be harmed. The Withmond family will swear on The Maker.

And at last, to those that will defend the Crown, you, my dear friends, are given an incredible amount of weight on your shoulders. The future of Hadriana is at hand. And you are all that remain to defend me, the people, and the rest of Hadriana against the traitorous family of the Augaussis. I am with you, on the frontlines, defending my own throne, fighting side by side with my brothers in arms. And if I die, so be it.

I hereby declare the family of Augaussi to be enemies of Hadriana, and shall defend my title and Crown against them to the last man!

Signed:
Roderick Withmond,
King of the Attians,
Master of the horse-lords,
defender of the green lands,
protector of the Heartlands,
and heir of the Attian throne

Back