The Duchy of Flussland: Transferring of Power

_MissTy_

Forest Guardian spirit of Myln Arbor
[!] A post was put on the noticeboard of Lunburg and was sent to the Hadrian Empire

1706146275291.png

Transferring of Power
Eden's Shine

Greetings to my beloved citizens and to the Empire.

After careful consideration I've decided it is best to retire, as I have fallen dangerously ill just as my mother Adelaide Rovelt did as well.
I believe that my age is catching up with me and I'm beginning to grow more sickly by the day. If things were to subside I would be more than
happy to accept visitors. For now please keep me within your prayers.

Aside from this matter, It is only natural that the province is given to my bloodborne son, Maximus Rovelt.
I am confident he will serve the empire well just as he has done in the past in his legion days.
From now on please direct all concerns to him or my eldest son Kisho Rovelt.

Lastly, I have had the privledge of being a noble since my birth, so I've decided to donate 1.5k to the Empire.
Whom I trust will do good to the with the funds.

Take care and stay within the path of Alder.

Lady Victoria Rovelt

BONUS SCENE
[ DO NOT METAGAME THIS INFORMATION]
[ its just for funzies to build a story ]

"Good riddens, praise alder my arse" She tossed aside another imperial letter into a pile "A noblewoman could only bare so much" She said to herself not long before she grabbed her head in pain falling to the ground

"I'm bloody famished. If I have to keep holding myself back like this to feeble cattle any longer I am going to
snap." She cursed to herself trembling before looking up at her room of ruined wallpaper and belongings everywhere , the room was a mess which was very unlike her.

"
This is all your fault Victor. This insatiable desire will never leave me wont it?." Her gaze traced to the mirror at her very few wrinkles and her sharp crimson eyes that were like bottomless jewels. "How did you do it Arndil? -you taught me what I know yet I surpassed you in every way possible. I'm a winner. I don't lose..."

Unstabiliy in her eyes grew as she simply stared at herself in the mirror. Darkness filled the room, and the shadows would shift as if they were mocking her.

1706149889472.png

Last edited:
"A Kronfürst rises.. and a Herzogin falls.." The Hertzland Kronfürst, Bartosz spoke as he read through the parchment that had been delievered to him within the warm walls of Norburen, with his green eyes traversing the announcement, he settled the parchment upon his desk, looking outwards with a stoic expression, crossing his arms upon his table before he finally spoke, "Regardless, congratulations are certainly in order, perhaps even a meeting."

As Maximus made his way down the hallway with the announcement in his hand he stopped at his mother's door and knocked lightly. He stood there silently for a moment as his gaze fixated toward the ground where he saw shadows shift from inside the room. Maximus rested his head against the door with a light huff before he spoke from outside the door. "Mother, you still must meet who I would like to court.." He muttered, trailing off as the silence echoed throughout the halls. He stood there for a few moments longer before he said in a hushed voice. "I love you, mother... everything will be fine."

There was a little rustle in the quiet darkening night as Kisho walked into the city in the north. Everybody was either in their home or elsewhere, giving the small city this eerie ghostly feeling. The last few of the jungle leaves fell of his clothes as he dragged his feet forward, tired and exhausting and longing to finally reach his bed. He opened and closed his mouth a few times, the thirst had plagued him for a few days already but it didn't matter now as his eyes fell onto the new paper on the board. "...sounds about right... Oh come on." He let out a sigh when reading his own name. This sounded like more diplomatic work already. At least his brother would have to take care of most of it. As he continued to read he shook his body a little to wake it somewhat up, the sound of the water in his bottle sounding almost foreign in the late night. "A good donation... mentions of Alder... Mom is gonna enjoy her retirement. I just hope there are not gonna be noisy visitors... poor guys." The rhythm of his steps started again, the night seemingly getting a bit brighter again after he had left.

"Oh dear...." The young Duchess of Bergwood muttered after reading the first few words on the small missive "I hope I am one of those visitors she would accept... Perhaps I should get her a get-well-soon gift!" she nodded at her own words, continuing to wander over the words "Lord Maximus is now finally able to live up to his full potential! How lovely" a smile started curling the corners of her lips as she looked proud of the friend she had made ages ago.

Back