𖤓 Time for Change: An Open Letter 𖤓

Nephimeris

Chaos Incarnate
Staff member

[!] Notices would be posted throughout Al-Khadir and Al-Jabrid, with some even reaching the Forest and beyond. [!]
Untitled190_20240503174152.png

To whoever this might concern..

I write to you as someone whose kin's concerns and grievances have long been marginalized.
We have
long now witnessed a consistent pattern of neglect and unfair treatment by those in authority.

A poignant example of this bias happened recently right at my doorstep. An Azari'cill child attempted to delve into disturbing rituals late at night, provoking and tryingg to invoke spirits with a tear open. When I attempted to intervene, not only was my concern dismissed, but I was met with insults and got wrongfully accused and placed under watch by a De'nevir of the Jundi. Instead of addressing the root cause of the disturbance, I was unjustly marked and am subjected to constant surveillance, severely infringing upon my personal freedom and peace since this De'nevir has been following me everywhere I go ever since.

This incident is not isolated but indicative of a broader issue within our governance.

The Azari'lunn like myself and many others find ourselves increasingly alienated, watched, and driven from these lands by the very institutions meant to protect us. The disregard shown by the leadership, under the Sultana's rule, risks the integrity and unity of Anjyarr. It is imperative that these practices be revisited and reformed. The council’s oversight and the Sultana’s leadership must embody justice and equality, not just in words, but through decisive and fair actions.

Something that is yet to be seen by the current leadership.

We are at a pivotal moment in history. The community's dissatisfaction and the impending social unrest signal a nation in distress. If immediate actions are not taken to address these injustices, I fear for the stability of this land. We need leaders who listen, who will act to preserve the diverse heritage and unity ensuring that all citizens with respect and dignity at the very least.

We demand change.

Thus, I implore you, "Your Majesty" and your Council members, to consider this a call for change. Should my calls not be heard, consider this a warning.
For I, just like many more, will not see these lands be corrupted any further.

We shall be watching.

* Amari blinks and shows her mom inside their own home*

"This is our idiot neighbor who confronted me with an armed blade for casting armored dust in our backyard after I told them I was only practicing magic and that a 15 year old kid could not possibly hurt them with the skill set I have. Yes, this is that idiot"

The Geomancer mother of the accused child glares at the notice with disgust, resisting the urge to toss it on the floor

"So not only does she yell at my teenage daughter for practicing Geomancy, an ACCEPTED and peaceful magic, and twists the story to make as if you practice voidal magic, but she ALSO indirectly threatens the Sultana? I will write a report to the 'a de'nevir of the Jundi', whom is the very captain of the Jundi, at once. Please write your own full, detailed perspective on the situation as well, aesti."
* Amari blinks and shows her mom inside their own home*

"This is our idiot neighbor who confronted me with an armed blade for casting armored dust in our backyard after I told them I was only practicing magic and that a 15 year old kid could not possibly hurt them with the skill set I have. Yes, this is that idiot"

The Geomancer mother of the accused child glares at the notice with disgust, resisting the urge to toss it on the floor

"So not only does she yell at my teenage daughter for practicing Geomancy, an ACCEPTED and peaceful magic, and twists the story to make as if you practice voidal magic, but she ALSO indirectly threatens the Sultana? I will write a report to the 'a de'nevir of the Jundi', whom is the very captain of the Jundi, at once. Please write your own full, detailed perspective on the situation as well, aesti."

"I get fucking blamed for everything. Ill get blamed if it rains, Or if the rains fail. Ill get blamed if the wind destroys our crops or if the storms sink the cities ships. We should move, far away from the concept of cities into the wild. This city has done very little good for me since you adopted me. But yes, Aeri, Ill write a report"

[!] Since the letter reaches beyond the borders, a roaming flyer reporting Anjyarri unrest makes its way to the Imperial Office after some time. Diederick would take up the parchment and read through its contents, giving off a soft chuckle before putting it to the side, commenting to himself;

"They are weak. Weak to a point where the larger share of their natural population would rather live closer to the court of Luminion which wishes to actively destroy them rather than endure this regime for a day longer. Pathetic. We tried to warn them, but now they will reap what they have sown, and we will be watching with great interest."

And with that, he rolls up the notice once more, placing it in the drawer with the *to be addressed later* letters.

The large Khadan raised a brow at the note delivered to his desk, as he sat he turned the note over in his hand and chuckled "bah who wrote this? ua cry like baby sand fox...unhappy with treatment?, debek. Ua only drive self from these lands " He crumpled the note and tossed it onto his desk uttering his final words "Tat al'ua tarik sarak"

In Anjyarr, seeking out his sister, Malakai's eyes found the noticeboard. His newly acquired ghost-eye moved over the words but couldn't make out anything more than blurred light - so he covered it swiftly, and focused with his right. He recognized the tone, the handwriting - the way the words formed together to create a powerful message. Kai's grin, the first real mischievous smile since his attack, was unmistakable.
He knew exactly who to talk to.

Kai carried on further down the path, into the walls of Al-Khadir.
His search continues.

☽。⋆

Rhaemis squints at the noticeboard, her hands tightly crossed over her own chest. She'd only just recently come back, after being missing for over a year - and settled here. She'd never been a fan of the desert, but seeing this alarmed her.
Rhae pursed her lips and turned sharply, searching for a few companions of her own.
This was just her luck...

"I get fucking blamed for everything. Ill get blamed if it rains, Or if the rains fail. Ill get blamed if the wind destroys our crops or if the storms sink the cities ships. We should move, far away from the concept of cities into the wild. This city has done very little good for me since you adopted me. But yes, Aeri, Ill write a report"
*Amari issues one last comment inside her home to her mom*

"Lets not reply to this publicly. Right now, the city has a note that confesses a grown woman feels threaten by a child with "disturbing rituals". If we issue a public response it negates this entire pettiness of a grown woman feeling threatened by a little kid. It airs our houses laundry. Lets handle this in private, with these..reports, and documents, and procedures. But we shall issue no public response to this rambling. You made me heir to our home, and this is my stance. You can over-ride me if you wish of course. But this is, chess."

Elaine sat comfortably in her palace, a tiefling herself. She crossed her legs as she read over,

“You know, perhaps instead of indulging in silly dramas and not prioritizing their citizens, they could actually listen.” She pinched the bridge of her nose. “I mean, really, the amount of complaints I hear… but people don’t change. That’s one lesson I’ve learned.”

She looked around,
“Apollon! Look at this, it seems their people are finally noticing.”

CIVIL WAR!
CIVIL WAR!
CIVIL WAR!

Wrong place, wrong time! A certain Tiefling wandered near Al-Khadir, his original purpose of exploring the surroundings before anyone around his house to stop him- Hoping to see if he was able to recall anything was useless. Lost and disoriented, he stumbled upon the notice, though his apathy towards it was clear. “Huh.. Good luck, I assume.” With a nonchalant shrug, he continued on, his thoughts elsewhere.

Lynne stood in the same home as Amari, clenching a large dandelion flower that was given to her so she would calm down, As she gripped the stem firmly, the feeling of the flower seeping between her fingers, she couldn't help but read the note and feel a new emotion: rage. Lynne was a happy-go-lucky individual, so she's not had a use in feeling anger around others quite yet. Admittedly, she's still getting a grasp on what all her emotions mean.

As the two of them stand in the kitchen of the home, the cabbage cooking atop the furnace nearly forgotten, Lynne could do nothing other than remain silent and think. Her anger only being expressed by the clenching of the oversized flower in her hand. She huffed lightly, going to wash her hands and mumbling to herself.

"That lady has no business saying stuff like that. She is going out there making it seem as if you were doing voidal magic. Casting a geomancy spell for rock armor is not the equivalent of communicating with the undead, or sucking the blood from one's bones. And the gall she has for ill-speaking the Sultana . . . It seems an old dog cannot learn new tricks in her case."

Eeeeee this rp is so spicy. No hard feelings to the people behind the oc, not mad at you whatsoever ofc. Thanks for the tea, I've needed some drama recently. /gen EDIT: I am realizing how sarcastic this sounds, please know the /gen is there for a reason. I'm living for the action rn.

I never wanted this, I never wanted to unleash my legions....

Ralvvon gives a long, lengthy, rather nerving, stare at the letter. Part of him wanted to dismiss the claims, paying no heed to such rambles. Though another part him somewhat agreed, the leadership within the nation has been rather... Vacant at times. He'd bring a finger to his lips, his eyes scouring through the letter over and over until his brain could remember it like the lyrics of a song.

"Huh..." - "Ana assume Nahida would love to hear about this."

He'd pluck the letter off the board, humming himself a tune as he walked off to the Palace grounds.

A Lovely and totally polite and reasonable man dressed in rags seemed to have gotten a hold of one of the notice, seems like certain someone was kind enough to bring him one to gossip about out of boredom~

Daemon read the parchment and chuckled as he read the notice, speaking to himself and his drinking partner with an amused expression "Now this shall be rather interesting to watch~" Totally not thinking of the whole notice like a sports event to watch "Nowadays it all just is the same, what a nice change of pace~" He then lazily turned to his friend and spoke with a smug look "My bet is on the accusers~ What about you?"

CIVIL WAR!
CIVIL WAR!
CIVIL WAR!

Daemon read the parchment and chuckled as he read the notice, speaking to himself and his drinking partner with an amused expression "Now this shall be rather interesting to watch~" Totally not thinking of the whole notice like a sports event to watch "Nowadays it all just is the same, what a nice change of pace~" He then lazily turned to his friend and spoke with a smug look "My bet is on the accusers~ What about you?"

The one who had brought the notice to Daemon seemed disinterested in the subject, mainly focusing in something else. He shrugged casually, eye glowing in a rather eerie purple hue. “Well, I suppose the accusers have the upper hand..” He remarked. Then, with a faint of discomfort, he added. “..I don’t know or can explain why- But I don’t like that place.. So hopefully it gets burnt down.

Back