[A Cleric's Musings] Elric

BmZuzu

[!] The following is posted where signs or books denote [!]

Alder’s halls, echoes of wisdom resound.
Be the beacon of righteousness.
Peer through the shadows, see the profound.

Justice with impartiality
Scales that weigh the soul
And allow judgment to take its toll

Beneath Alder’s Gaze, stand a guardian true
Guide on the path of virtue, through and through

Measure every deed
And in the name of Alder
Fulfil the righteous creed.

divider.png

Fellow followers of Alderism, heed these sacred principles as illuminated by the wisdom of Elric, the Sentinel of Judgement and Justice. Let his teachings be a guiding light on your journey towards enlightenment and righteousness:

• Seek Truth and Wisdom

Let truth be your compass and wisdom your guide. Embrace the pursuit of knowledge and understanding, and strive to discern right from wrong with clarity and insight. In the pursuit of justice, let truth be your ally and falsehood your foe.
  • Uphold Moral Integrity:

Walk the path of righteousness with unwavering integrity and moral fortitude. Let your actions be guided by principles of fairness, honesty, and compassion, and hold yourself to the highest standards of ethical conduct in all endeavors.
  • Administer Justice with Compassion:

In dispensing judgement, let compassion temper your resolve and empathy soften your heart. Approach each situation with fairness and impartiality, and seek to understand the complexities of the human condition before passing judgement.
  • Defend the Oppressed:

Stand as a beacon of hope for the downtrodden and oppressed, and champion the cause of justice on their behalf. Use your voice and your actions to speak out against injustice and inequality, and strive to create a world where all beings are treated with dignity and respect.
  • Forgive and Heal:

Embrace the power of forgiveness and reconciliation, and seek to heal the wounds of the past with compassion and understanding. Let forgiveness be a balm for the soul, and let healing be a beacon of hope in times of darkness.
  • Walk the Path of Righteousness:

Let your life be a testament to the principles of Alderism, and walk the path of righteousness with humility and grace. Strive to embody the virtues of Elric in all aspects of your being, and let your actions shine as a beacon of light in a world filled with darkness.

May these principles guide you on your journey towards enlightenment and righteousness, and may the wisdom of Elric illuminate your path with clarity and purpose. In the name of Alder, let justice prevail and righteousness reign supreme.

A Musing by Aleksander de Tiri
Cleric of the Temple

Last edited:
[!] The following is posted where signs and books denote [!]

[ Debate on a Just World ]
feather.png

Elric is often considered the commoner’s Sentinel. In his domain, judgment exacts its toll regardless of social status. Justice defends the oppressed and the downtrodden. It provides hope and reassurance in times of adversity that those who seek to uppend justice will have to pay their toll in time.

Thus the debate:

Does a just world have a place for the separation of Nobles and Commoners?
small divider.png
I will begin by rephrasing the topic, for I believe one might gain a better understanding if put differently -
‘Does one man stand higher than another in a just world?’.
And to this I ask -
'Do we live in a just world?'
To which I answer -
'No'.

So my answer, plain and simple is thus: 'A just world has no place for the separation of nobles and commoners.'
But our world does.

I am an imperial inquisitor, Elric stands beside my chosen Sentinel Salvor. Not a step behind nor a step before. I strive for a just world but I recognise until we have achieved such a thing, the pillars in place - of nobility, commoner and the peasantry are necessary to uphold our current society and for us to remain civilised individuals.

Nobility is a privilege. And Every privilege is a responsibility. Thus nobility is a responsibility.
And the commoner does not go without privilege, nor does the peasant. Each holds their level of responsibility and when they have proven their capabilities and shown they want of more, they are awarded the chance to earn additional privileges; additional responsibilities.

Do not look to the greedy, the deceitful, the corrupt as true nobles. Nobility hold the responsibility to Nurture and elevate all they hold charge over. And to that end they must also hold the privilege of command and a greater comfort. A man who worries for his next meal can hardly see beyond his own hunger. But Nobles must see much much further. Days, months, years even to ensure we continue towards the path of prosperity, of Order as Alder had ordained. This is their charge.

And make no mistake, Those who indulge in their privileges while ignoring their responsibilities. Judgment will exact its toll.

I offer this Debate to you,
Aleksander de Tiri.

Back