Gossip Wench : The pretending Imperator || Nobility Scandal

Agrhendaer

ErzTreasurer of Hadriana, Fat man and Builder
Staff member
[!]
[HEADING=2]
[An Anonymous Paper that was identical to the established and well known 'Gossip Wench' was hung within Eden's taverns and stuck onto boards]
[/HEADING]

Hello! Welcome back to all who read the previous paper, and welcome to our new readers. In this second edition of 'the gossip wench' a gossip missive, we will talk about Emperor Matthias Joseph Withmond, if we can call him that atleast.

interesting-conversation-federigo-zandomeneghi.jpg

The pretending Imperator.

It has come to my attention that something suspicious is going on with our Imperator.
Or is he even our Imperator? My ears have picked up word that the man we call our Imperator, is not the man we think him to be.
Mathias Joseph Withmond, in his young years known as Matthias Mirkwood, is no son of Roderick nor will he ever be. The official ranks of the man that proclaims to be the heroic Emperor that our Empire needed after endless civil wars is dubious to say the least. If he was a true son of Roderick he would be able to tell us where his mother, the former Queen vanished to, would he not? Yes, it is true that he and Roderick share a resemblance, but if he was truly his son, where was he when his father was overthrown by the Augaussi's and the first company? Where was this son with an army of Roderick supporters to end the civil war and reclaim the throne he has taken now, long after the Augaussi rule has stained the Empire? It was only after the civil war ended that Mathias claimed an empty throne, coincedence?I think not.

One could even go as far as to speculate that he ordered the killing of Kryzstof-Jan Tzyrnowski. Kryzstof-Jan, being a friend of Roderick would have posed grave danger for Mathias' unlawful claim to the Hadrian throne, especially since the throne would go to either the Van Leuveren or Tzyrnowski family.
The boy surely knew Celestine Brickenden was not intelligent enough to understand such schemes, she is a peasent herself after all.

Perhaps denouncing Arnoud's titles after a ultimatum by the High elves is just another opportunity for him to take out the rightfull heirs to the Attian throne?

In Conclusion

There is a good reason to ponder about the ideas of Mathias being an imposter, especially with the High elves are demanding more and more. Do we, citizens of the Hadrian Empire, want to be dragged into a bloody feud once more? I don't think we do, especially not by a peasant boy who got himself upto into a position of power by simply sharing a resemblance with our former King.

Our future is looking rather uncertain with the Eastern threat growing larger and larger and I think we should live accordingly. Be on your guard, and don't be fooled.

This is the Gossip wench writing off may I see you all in the next paper!

[At the end of the letter there would be a little heart drawn at the end of the page]

Signed
Anonymous/Gossip wench

Last edited:
Duke Philipp von Lichtenfelts sat in his keep with a beer in his hand, one might say he had been vibing and being a good Makerist man. This completely random letter that is not a coincidence showed up at his doorstep "What's all zis zen?" and proceeded to read it with much enthousiasm. He took out a pen and started combing through the words, finding many errors in the spelling, and ofcourse correcting all of them while whistling a joyful tune. He held up the paper in front of the candlelight when he was done and inspected it, seemingly proud of his work and said "Ze boy might not be ze brightest, but he has done me no wrong." He then stamped a 'retour' sticker on it and returned it to the mailbox, hoping to find the author of the letter through those means, thinking himself to be very shrewd.

Back