The Fate of Nihil

Tsjompa

Legend
[!] A Raven began to peck at the windows of the Bergwaltz keep, it seems a letter was strapped to one of it's paws. It bore the Reichsarmee's mark and signature of the Reichsmarshall. It was meant for Anne Marie de Ruiter [!}

1702887623585.png

1702887640415.png

Sunday 23rd, Starfall 1541

To Herzogin Anne Marie de Ruiter.
After having questioned Nihil I concluded him to be a deeply disturbed individual, it seems as if he is disconected from whatever events seem to take place in his presence. His mind is clearly not in a state of reason, however despite that he has expressed his clear emotions on the matter.

You have expressed your wish to press charges on Nihil on the grounds of:
- Having freed the fiery Demon that now threatens Adelsburg and Eden as a whole.
- Being in league with the Outlaw 'Eziekiel' whom tried to assasinate you.
- Having threatend you.
- Causing trouble in the form of petty crimes, such as throwing insults at a member of Hadrian nobility.

To adress the first claim, I know it was not only Nihil whom was responsible for freeing the Demon. As a matter of fact I do not believe he had any influence on the matter at all. His companion Haldir Sindarin a Dunkel-Elven pyromancer sought to further his knowledge and power, he believed himself able to control whatever housed in the burning tree. Thus the Demon was released.
Both men have been judged on this matter already, they stand guilty and are to aid us in the banishment of the Demon this they swore. Should they fail to do so, they will be declared outlaws and subjected to execution!

To adress the seccond claim, Nihil told me a long story wherein it was made clear that Eziekiel is a good friend of his. Not enough evidence was provided to convince me that Nihil attempted to take your life, and thus I shant blame him for the crimes of another.

To adres the third claim, I was not there to witness it so it is purely a matter of whom is the most convincing. You have rallied multiple people willing to back your claim that Nihil threatend you, however I have recieved multiple letters stating it to be different. They claim you to have been the one that threatend Nihil's life, to have held a knife against his throat whils't he refused to defend himself. I see this matter as a personal dispute in which both sides are wrong, one should always seek to de-escalate a situation instead of feeding it.

To adress the fourth claim. Nihil believes you are ruining his reputation by spreading 'lies' and 'misinformation' about his intentions and doings. Having concluded that he is a troubled man I can see that he might have lashed out and Insulted you, thus trying to defend his honour.
I believe Nihil might have fabricated the idea that you are deliberatly damaging his reputation.

My verdict on this matter is as follows.
Nihil needs guidance, something he severely lacks and thus he often finds himself in horrid situations.
I have asked Vater Gregory to take him under his wing, to accept him within Alders temple. My hope is that under the everwatchfull eyes of the Vater and Alders teachings he will become a new man, one that is less troubled and one that is forgiven for his past actions. I have made it clear that Nihil's path should be restricted from Bergwaltz for the comming future, first he shall need to change his ways.

This however means that Nihil is now part of the Alderist church and this means he is beyond your juridstiction, you cannot imprison him without answering to either the Kaiser, the Vater or me.

May Alder bles you and your rule over the duchy of Bergwaltz

Signed
Janczyk-Mariusz Tzyrnowski
Reichsmarshall of the Hadrian Empire

1702921588570.png

Last edited:
Anne-Marie would open the window the raven was pecking at, gently taking the bird in both hands before carefully removing the letter from it's claw. She rose a curious brow as she took her time reading the letter.
Anne would let out some devilish chuckle, reading the first few words of his corresponding. She would be satisfied by the outcome, carefully folding the letter again, and putting it away in one of the drawers of her desk.

Back